Tuesday 26 January 2016

Where do you get your mannerisms from?

January 26 2016

"Just be the best role model you can," Raiden told me. "Is there any other good father figures in your family?"
I shrugged. I had my dad, though for a father figure? I wasn't too sure.
"Um..."
"Don't worry, if push comes to shove, I know my brother wouldn't mind being a father figure."
I just had to smile. Sometimes I wondered where she got some of her mannerisms from.

I've known Raiden since I was born. She's my Godmother, and a really good one at that, despite the fact that she didn't have such a great upbringing either. I don't know how I would have turned out if it hadn't been for her. She showed me all the values and morals I should have. A lot of who I am today can be attributed to her. 

In a sense I think my mother was relieved in a way when I took after Raiden, because she knew that Raiden would be a good role model for me.

Being in a positive environment and being around good role models can change how a child grows up. And I guess I was just lucky enough to have that exact thing happen to me.

Here's hoping to a better future,
Morven.

No comments:

Post a Comment