Tuesday 15 December 2015

What would you sacrifice for love?

December 15 2015

Here's a question my mother posed in her diary:

Would you sacrifice almost anything for love?

Now, your answer would depend on a couple of things. It would depend on the level of self-esteem, self-confidence, self-respect and self-awareness you have. Oh - and did I mention loneliness as well?

Loneliness is sometimes a big part of why people get into relationships they shouldn't. Sometimes I wonder why people aren't comfortable being alone.

For me, it is absolutely bliss. I can come and go as I please, I don't have to answer to a significant other. I'm comfortable with my own company and I'm basically independent. I've also noticed that sometimes someone is attracted to a particular person because of what they themselves lack, and I don't understand this either, because I can immediately see when someone tries to do that, and that's when I tell them to go jump. Why would you want to sacrifice your independence to be in a relationship?

Here's hoping to a better future,
Morven.






No comments:

Post a Comment