Saturday 19 March 2016

And then there's a mother's determination...

March 19 2016

That night when Harland came home, I had a new determination about me. If this fell apart - I would somehow make it through - starting with the help of Raiden.

One thing I admired about my mother when she was younger was her determination.
She would get up every morning and do what she needed to do to survive. Thankfully there were people to support her - like she mentioned; Raiden for one. Raiden filled in where my mother couldn't - she did the fun things with me, as well as taught me things that I needed to learn, like a Godmother should. I always wondered why she never became a parent.

Over the years my mother's determination wore thin, and she became weary. One thing that I hope is that I don't lose my love of life and determination like she did, since I've got so much to be grateful for and so much to live for still.

Here's hoping to a better future,
Morven.

No comments:

Post a Comment